Plug UHF PL259 90°: Assembly
In the connections of our RTX cable antenna, UHF fittings at 90 ° very often are used, followed by classic PL259 as termination of the drop cable. I consider it unnecessary the use of the curve and then the connector, when on the marketthere are available connectors PL256 to 90 °. The problem is to find them! After looking, unsuccessfully, in national fieldfairs, for connectors PL 90 °, I found and purchased them in China through Ebay (lm4871n) at a fair price: $ 4 each.
Strangely, even during the holiday season, the connectors arrived in twenty days. They seem well made and the insulation, according to the statement of the seller, is Teflon (PTFE). Assembly is simple and quick, the photographs illustrate the different steps.
Photo 1 shows two maleconnectors PL 90 ° with accessories.
- The first operation consists in unsheathing the RG213 cable removing the sheath for a length of about 20 mm. I found a very convenient tool visible in photo 2: a small economic cutter . With little attention it's possible to cut the outer sheath without compromising the shielding copper below. Remember to insert in advance the cable fixing nut, the metal washer and the elastic sleeve. (3 photos)
- Remove sheath and insert the second metal washer, of smaller diameter, which will go to 'lean' on the edge of guania cut. (4 photos)
- Now you can 'laddering' the screen, opening it with a small screwdriver by stretching the shield and distributing evenly the conductors . (5 photos)
- Finally, insert the last element whose cylinder will be inserted between the insulation of the center conductor and the shield. Firmly push up to tighten the wires of the braid between the washer and the last insert, 'smoothing' then with a pair of scissors the conductors in excess. (7 photos)
- Now we have to remove 8 mm of insulation from the center conductor (photo 8), stagnate the conductor, and plug the cable into the connector housing. Tighten the outer nut fastening having the foresight, in case you are mounting the second connector, to guide them appropriately, relative to one another. For example the two 90 ° connectors can be addressed by same side or facing one on one side, the other to the opposite side, then tighten the fixing nut.
- The last connection remains, ie solder the center conductor to the central support of the connector. (10 photos)
- Drawing 1 Drawing 1
- Photo 01 Photo 01
- Photo 02 Photo 02
- Photo 03 Photo 03
- Photo 04 Photo 04
- Photo 05 Photo 05
- Photo 06 Photo 06
- Photo 07 Photo 07
- Photo 08 Photo 08
- Photo 09 Photo 09
- Photo 10 Photo 10
- Drawing 2 Drawing 2